Interoperability has a been a buzzword in healthcare for about a decade, but sometimes it doesn’t seem like we’ve gotten that far. In this podcast, Rhapsody’s EVP of Product & Strategy, Drew Ivan and I discuss interoperability: its past, present and future.
Here’s what we covered:
- 0:20 What is interoperability anyway?
- 2:50 Why do we hear about interoperability so much in healthcare? Is it an issues in other industries?
- 5:11 How does interoperability in the US compare to the situation elsewhere?
- 6:51 Does interoperability matter to patients?
- 9:20 Has interoperability failed in the past? What new models are being tried?
- 11:54 What’s the business model for interoperability?
- 13:42 Are there any downsides? Does interoperability create any new problems?
- 14:54 How will interoperability evolve in the coming year?