If you need something to warm you up at lunchtime, with its hints of Spanish paprika and roasted red pepper this simple soup is just the ticket. If you need something to warm you up at lunchtime,
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves: 2
Nutritional info per serving
Calories: 332 calories | Total fat: 16g | Carbs: 27.3g | Protein: 18g
- 100g chorizo
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 1/2tsp chilli flakes
- 2tsp tomato puree
- 500ml passata
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 300ml water
- 2tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the chorizo into small pieces and fry in a non-stick pan over a medium heat until it is lightly crisped and it has released its oils.
- Remove the chorizo from the pan, leaving the oil in the pan and fry the chopped onion for 5 minutes until soft, then add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Next, add the spices along with the tomato puree and stir in to cook out the tomato puree.
- Stir in the passata, along with the chopped red peppers, chorizo and water and bring to a simmer for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with some chopped parsley.
This soup is really simple to make and is something a bit different to your usual carrot and coriander or minestrone. You can buy the roasted peppers in a jar for ease if you don’t have time to make your own. This is a low cal soup that definitely does not skimp on taste – perfect for sticking in a soup flask before heading to work.
Making this for lunch tomorrow? If you snap a pic, tag us with #manvfat!