We hear it all the time, rest is really important for all of us, you need at least 8 hours of sleep every night. But, as busy as we are how many of us are really getting the necessary sleep?
Skimping on your beauty rest is a no, no. Here are the top beauty reasons why you should step away from social media and get to snoozing early.
1. Skin Renewal: Let’s get real, one of the top reasons to get your sleep in is for gorgeous skin. Our skin repairs and renews itself while we sleep. Not getting enough sleep can increase acne breakouts and any skin sensitivities as well as allergies. Sleeping your way to flawless skin is such an easy thing to do, our skin creates new collagen when we sleep and that’s part of the repairing process.
Sleep tip: Set a sleep schedule, and do your best to not disrupt it. Going to bed at the same time everyday sets your body clock to know when is time to get to bed, and your body will make it easier to fall asleep at night. This allows you to get to bed early and enjoy some much needed rest.
2. Stronger Hair: Lack of sleep and stress can totally effect you fabulous locks. It can cause you hair to become thinner, and weaker which eventually leads to breakage. Proper rest keeps your body healthy from head to toe.
3. Maintain Healthy Weight: Sleep is so important to maintain a healthy weight. When you don’t get enough sleep, your body feels stressed. The higher the level of stress hormone cortisol the more the increase in appetite. Being sleep deprived effects your choices, leading you to choose the bag of chips over a healthy snack. Also, not getting enough sleep can totally effect your metabolism, it can really slow it down.
4. No Dark Eye Circles: Ever notice how those ugly under eye circles seem to get deeper and darker when you are tired and haven’t had much sleep?. Sleeping reduces the appearance of those under eye circles, this means less concealer in the morning and easier makeup routine to get out the door.
Sleep tip: Sip some warm decaffeinated chamomile tea 30 minutes to an hour before bed, this will totally get your body in cozy, relaxing mode. Jasmine and chamomile tea have such a calming relaxing effect. I love cinnamon, lime and honey tea as my go to.
5. Overall Mood & Stress: With our hectic schedules is hard to get a good night sleep. But sleep actually relieves stress and puts us in a better mood. Adding a short nap during the day can make you even more productive. No time for a nap (I mean really who does). Turn off all electronic devices early, and set yourself on a sleep routine for success.
Sleep is such an important part of our overall wellness. Lack of sleep can affect our bodies in many ways, but the benefits of sleep are endless.
When you sleep your body recharges, sleep also helps keep your immune system in check.
Want to improve your hair and skin even more while you sleep? Do a nice mask or exfoliate your skin with a gentle face scrub. After a long day of moisturizers and layers of makeup, whats better than to let your skin breath and renew itself. Your skin will thank you.
Add an overnight moisturizing repairing cream, is a great way to hydrate your hair while you sleep. A bit of coconut oil overnight on dry hair, really helps make a difference.