Who doesn’t crave a full-coverage foundation without heavy layering?
When this infamous ‘Too Faced Born This Way Foundation’ was launched, the founders of the brand proclaimed that they wanted to come up with a foundation that would look just like a second skin. Inspired by “I woke up like this” perfection, this product was curated to provide you with full coverage yet just look like your natural skin. So, do you think this foundation lives up to the claims? Scroll down to find out.
SHADE IN REVIEW: Warm Beige
PRICE – $39.00 for 1 oz.
Packaging – Too Faced Born This Way Foundation has very detailed gold accentuated packaging that surely won my heart. The foundation comes in a cylindrical shaped, frosted glass packaging with a black opaque cap .The pump attached is another amazing feature that helps you to dispense the product with any fuss or wastage. The shade name has been written underneath the bottle. The overall look and efficiency of the packaging are really great and travel-friendly.
Shade – Back when this foundation was unveiled, hardly 12 shades were launched but right now there is a whopping 33 shades in this range and it extensively covers all the skin tones across the globe. The shade suitable for my skin is Warm Beige. It is medium with neutral to yellow undertones and best suitable if you are around NC 30.
Texture – The foundation is truly light weight. It has the semi-liquid consistency that spreads very well on the skin and excellent for the application with the help of both brushes and makeup sponges without any streaky finish. The foundation gives you enough time to blend well into the skin and doesn’t have the tendency to cling onto dry patches. It also helps to makes the pores look small or blurred.
Coverage and Finish– This is a buildable to full coverage foundation with a beautiful satin finish. I just require one layer and it goes on super smooth on the skin. I have certain scarring marks from acne but the foundation does an excellent job to cover and conceal the blemishes. You can say that the foundation is absolutely inconspicuous on the skin. The breathtaking demi-satin finish gives an illusion of naturally impeccable skin. I generally set with a powder for a long-lasting effect.
Formula – The light weight formula looks almost imperceptible on the skin. The foundation is suitable for normal to oily skin mostly as it provides the true oil-free look. The inclusion of coconut water helps to replenish the necessary hydration, the infused Alpine Rose to brighten the skin’s appearance and promote elasticity while the Hyaluronic Acid adds a youthful appearance.
Staying power – The staying power is one area where the foundation is lacking. It is not long lasting at all and with a good setting spray and primer underneath, it survives around 6-7hours.
Also, being the full coverage foundation it is, the product needs to be deeply cleansed off the skin at the end of the day. Otherwise, you may experience breakouts.
If you want to see the results before and after applying this foundation can also see my latest video.
Fragrance, flashback and oxidization – On a positive point, the foundation doesn’t have the tendency to oxide on the skin. In fact, the lack of sunscreen ensures that there are no flashbacks in the photos as well. Hence, one can surely use this as a bridal foundation. It also lacks any bothersome fragrance.
- Frosted glass body with a pump dispenser and travel-friendly packaging.
- 33 shades are available in this range.
- The shade Warm Beige is medium with neutral to yellow undertones and best suitable for NC30.
- The consistency is lightweight and semi-liquid.
- It is extremely easy to blend on the skin.
- The coverage is buildable to full in one single layer.
- Easily conceals the imperfections of the skin, blurs the pores and gives a natural look.
- The finish is natural.
- It has been formulated with the goodness of coconut water, Alpine Rose and Hyaluronic Acid.
- No strong fragrance, flashbacks or oxidation on the skin.
- It is cruelty-free and formulated without Gluten or Parabens.
- Staying power is lacking.
- Sensitive skin prone to breakout has to be careful.
- The foundation is housed inside a frosted glass body with a pump.
- It has a total of 33 shades in the range – from pale fair to deep dark.
- The liquid-y consistency is easy to spread, blends flawlessly and doesn’t accentuate dry patches.
- It smoothes the pores, gives a smooth, youthful look.
- The finish is natural yet full coverage and covers blemishes and imperfections.
- The formulation is impressive with the inclusion of coconut water, Alpine Rose and
- Hyaluronic Acid but without Gluten or Parabens.
- A great foundation for normal to oily skin.
- It has no strong fragrance, doesn’t give flashbacks or oxidizes on the skin.
- The staying power, though, is poor and requires a good setting spray.
OVERALL – Too Faced Born This Way Foundation is a wonderful full coverage foundation with light weight texture, smooth finish, and flawless application and comes in a huge shade range. It neither oxides nor flashbacks on photos and looks like your second skin. The only drawback is the staying power.
RECOMMENDATION – If you are looking for an full-coverage foundation, this is definitely a great pick even though the price tag is slightly on the higher range.