This recipe is a staff and family favorite! Enjoy this hearty low-fat, low-calorie soup year round. Using HCG Diet approved Miracle Noodles adds bulk for a satisfying meal that fills your tummy without adding carbs or calories or breaking your diet. But they are optional and can be left out if you wish.
If you’re an HCG Dieter who’s never heard of Miracle Noodles, you’re in for a real treat. Also know as Shirataki noodles, Miracle Noodles are made from the konjak plant which is ground and then shaped into noodles, fettuccine, or even rice.
Shirataki noodles are almost zero calorie and zero carb. They are 97% water, 3% fiber and traces of protein, fat and calcium. They come floating in bags in water. Don’t be put off by the ‘fishy odor’ when you open the bag. If you use the following prep instructions, the odor will completely vanish and they will take on whatever flavor is seasoning your dish.
Miracle Noodle Prep:
- Cut the bag and pour the noodles into a colander to strain the water.
- Rinse under hot running water for about 60 seconds and let drain for a minute.
- Heat a non-stick pan with nothing in it until a drop of water sizzles (use no sprays, no oils etc.)
- Dump the noodles into the pan and stir fry until all the water evaporates and the noodles start to “squeak” when you stir them.
- Set aside and use as you would any other noodle.
It’s that simple! You can purchase them directly from the company here or they also sell sample packs on Amazon. They’re also available in some food stores. If you have any questions about them leave a comment below or email me.
Now, on to the recipe, we hope you enjoy!