I’ve discussed my obsession with drinking water before and the amazing benefits it has on the body and skin. Sometimes is hard to maintain good levels of hydration, specially if your traveling or after a night of drinking. Ever notice how you wake up from a night after a few martinis and your skin might not look as plump as you’re used to. Well part of it is dehydration. There are some signs your skin gives you that you’re not hydrated enough and might want to start drinking more water.
Signs of Dehydrated Skin
- Uneven Look/Texture: When you’re dehydrated your skin appears uneven. It will appear dull and lifeless.
- Congestion: Skin can breakout more due to dryness.
- Flaky Skin: When your skin is dehydrated it can become flaky and red.
- Deep Sunken Undereye Circles: Deep dark under eye circles might be even more noticeable when dehydrated.
- Irritation: When your skin is dehydrated it can look dry, chapped and appear irritated.
- Overall Tired Look/Appearance of Fine Lines: Lines and wrinkles are more visible as well as spots and an uneven skin.
Signs of Hydrated Skin
- Smooth Skin: When your skin is hydrated, it appears smooth and more even and it retains moisture better. When skin retains moisture better it will be more elastic, which will reduce the appearance of wrinkles giving you a more youthful look.
- Reduced Redness and Sensitivity: Hydrated skin is less sensitive, appearing soft and supple. Hydrated skin maintains its radiance and reduces irritation.
- Skin Looks Plump: Skin will appear fuller and plumper. When hydrated, your skin will look more radiant and lines will have a reduced appearance.
- Reduce Sunken Eye Appearance: The appearance of under eye circles will be less visible.
- Glowing and Even Skin: Toxins will be flushed out of skin and skin will appear clear, and even toned, reducing the appearance of scars and acne.