The most important highlight of your living space is the TV cabinet or the TV unit. The choice of the TV cabinet depends on the size of your TV and the space available for the installation of the TV. The choice of the cabinet should not only serve utility purposes but should also reflect your taste. A unique TV unit design adds to the aesthetics of the living room.
Things to Keep In Mind While Choosing a TV Unit
While selecting an appropriate TV unit design, certain factors should be kept in mind. One of the most important features is the price. The storage type you would like to opt for is also an important feature if you want to install a number of gadgets or equipment such as a cable box, DVD player, music system, speakers or a gaming console you would require a reasonable amount of shelves. Another important feature is the size of the TV. While selecting the unit or the cabinet the finish or the look should also be kept in mind. Some of the important features while selecting a TV unit are listed below:
- The Height of the TV unit: The height of the TV unit should be of the optimum level. It should be at eye level for someone sitting on the couch or the sofa. This ensures that the eye does not strain from watching TV for a long. Placing the TV at the eye level also makes the experience of watching TV comfortable.
- Size: Size of the area designated to place the TV should be compatible with the size of the TV as well as the size of the room. If the TV is large this space should also be comparatively large to avoid making it look crowded.
- Design of the stand: Design of the TV unit should match the rest of the furniture in the room. There are a number of finishes to choose from that may reflect your taste. Walnut, dark walnut, dark oak, mahogany, and teak are some of the looks to choose from. The design of the unit should also be such so as to avoid revealing any extra cable or wire behind the TV. This adds to the elegance of the TV unit.
- Shelves: Choosing a TV unit with the appropriate number of shelves it very important. If you want to fit in various equipment like a cable box, sound system, BluRay and so on, there should be enough shelves to fit them. Drawers or storage should also be present for media storage and storage of books such as the manual.
- Ventilation: The shelves should be well ventilated to allow the equipment to breathe. This is critical so as to avoid over-heating or damage to the equipment. If the unit features an enclosed design, the shelves or cabinets should be provided with a vented base to draw cool air and a rear panel to expel warm air.
Choosing the correct cupboard design is necessary because it adds to the ambiance of the room. There are a number of cupboard designs available to choose from, such as two-door, three-door, with a mirror or without a mirror. The look or the finish should also be kept in mind while purchasing. Teak, mahogany, oak, and walnut are some of the looks to choose from. The size of the cupboard should also be sufficient.